look at me I'm so crafty

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 15: Candle Stick Holders

If you know me at all then you would know its hard for me to pass up a good deal. If you know me even better, then you would know I can't!!! pass up something that's free. I've come home with a few puppies I didn't intend to take with me on account of them being free. I mean who can pass up a $1,500 tea cup chihuahua puppy that's free. Apparently my husband. Luckily I had a sister who was looking for just the dog. She was pretty thrilled with the deal:)

My good friend Chelsea had these lying around the house that her grandmother had given her and couldn't figure out what to do with them. She offered them to me and I happily said yes. I didn't quite know what I would do with them either, but after a few days of thought, I found a spot where they would fit perfectly, but before hanging them up I covered them with a coat of gold spray paint and distressed them a bit with black.

Voila

I think they now look perfect. Especially on top of the piano, next to one of my favorite paintings of Jesus Christ.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment