look at me I'm so crafty

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 3: Stone Wreath

Wreaths are another one of those things that just make me happy. I think it’s because they conjure up those feelings that I usually only get around the holidays. I love wreaths and have decided to make a wreath wall. I've seen clock walls, plate walls, and mirror walls. But I wanted to make a wreath wall and I've actually already started. Today I want to share with you one of the wreaths I've made so far. It’s pretty simple, cheap, a little time consuming, but I knew I’d love for it to start my collection. The rule for my wreath wall is that I have to have made the wreath. That’s it! Pretty simple rule huh? Well maybe not. When I was thrifting today I almost budged. I found the prettiest wreath for only 3 dollars. 3 dollars!! Buuuuut I stayed strong and decided that I could eventually make one like that too and I could feel accomplished for having done it. So I’m sticking to my rule.
So here it is....

My idea for this wreath came from the blog Craft Envy. I just changed it a teensy bit.

If you have any great wreath ideas please send them my way. I have a 12 foot ceiling...aka lots of space to fill:) I look forward to showing you my other wreaths!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment